Monday, August 07, 2006

The Waiting Game

Well, in less than 24 hours we will be, at least, on our way to having Isabelle in our arms. We are scheduled to be at the hospital at 7:30am tommorrow morning. Friday was (THANK GOD!) my last day of work. I have been doing nothing but resting and waiting all weekend long. Honestly, I don't seem to have much energy to do much else.

This morning I was woken up by a call from my best friend in Malaysia...Rachel. So we got on-line and "skyped." How great is Skype? If you haven't done it before...it's free and it's really clear, no delay. It was evening in Malaysia and she had her camera on, so I got to see her and her husband Mark and chat with them before the big day tommorrow. Although it was sad that they aren't going to be here for tommorrow, it was really good to touch base.

The rest of the morning I enjoyed my "day off" and last childless day. I finished a book and went to the pool for a while. I know I know, everyone keeps saying the same stuff...your life is going to change....

Hopefully next time we talk we'll have pictures for you! Pray for us!

4 comments:

Beth said...

I'll be praying—all of our deliveries have been really fun! Love to you!

drowninginblessing said...

Hi D... You need to get a little video eye too so we can see the new happy "rents" and little Isabelle...
It feels like I have to wait longer since your Tuesday morning will be 12 hours later than mine! I know tommorow's going to be a day of "let's see... is Danielle getting up now?" Nope it's still the dead of night there... Can't Wait!

Shanygne said...

OH,Danielle!!! I can't believe the day is here! Praying for you! I may try to call later and see how everything went...

aaaaaahhhhhh! That's me, so excited I could spit!

Shanygne said...

I tried to link to the Miller's site, and couldn't...is there something special I need to do?