Friday, February 02, 2007

Let it Snow

Last week we had our first real snow of the year. Colorado, Oklahoma, and Texas must have gotten ours this winter. Hence, it was Isabelle's first snow of the year. Conrad always looks at Isabelle and says to her (in the thickest Indian accent he can muster)"You and me, baby, we are from hot country. We don't like this cold (fill in the blank with snow/ice/rain)." So my suggestion to go take her out to touch the snow was summarily rejected. Before you (who might also be from a hot climate) dismiss me as an irresponsible parent, I am coming from a family where my first snowmobile ride occured when I was about 3 months old. I think the legend goes that my dad was watching me and I dirtied my diaper. Since my mom had the car and the weather was ripe AND he didn't want to change my diaper, he promptly put me on the snowmobile, and drove me to my Grandma's house. And she was only too happy to remove me from my refuse.


Boy, I just made a short story pretty long.

No comments: