Friday, April 27, 2007

Spring in Ohio

Eeesh! It has been a crazy week here. Isabelle has finally started sleeping (better) during the night (I mean only getting up once!) since the doctor started her on antibiotics last week. She is still ultra-weezy but overall seems to be feeling 100% better. And oddly enough, this has produced in me a deep deep sleep that I don’t remember sleeping in a long time. So deep that I don’t remember her crying or Conrad getting up to comfort her. I mean, I don’t remember it at all! Conrad is suspecting that I’m just PRETENDING to sleep so that he has to get up and get the baby, but really I’m not waking up!

Last night, Conrad had a class at church till around 10ish and we had Tornado Warnings all night long. It was my first tornado warning with a baby. I started thinking through an “emergency plan” seeing as we don’t have a basement. We do have a crawl space…ewh…but it does have a light. So I cleared out the crap that was on top of the trapdoor and turned on the light and left the door open to the furnace room. If I heard that fateful siren, I thought, “I’ll run in, grap the baby (first, then the scrapbooks..I know I know, but I spent a LOT of time on those puppies) and a blanket and run to the furnace room, open the trapdoor, and go in if necessary.


Here’s Isabelle with a big stuffed bunny from her cousin in India, Susanna. It’s still bigger than she is!

2 comments:

JaydensJourney said...

I am laughing because I so completely understand the challenge. We had tornado sirens last summer...no basement and no first floor room without a window except the laundry room. The laundry room adjoins the garage which my brother had recently organized and hung all my tools (not a vast collection) on the wall. The two dogs, cat, a couple blankets, child and mom huddled on the floor (projectiles from the garage a possibility). It was a little hot in there...think stressed out greyhound trying to pace, panting out of control and can't get comfortable on the hot floor. Ahhh it was a fun 15 minutes. You might want to put some toys in a bucket and leave it over the trap door for when she gets older. Stay safe! It's a whole different ball game now.

Shanygne said...

I have slept thru before, too, not realizing what was going on until Kevin was out of bed... it just means that you REALLY needed that sleep!

LOVED the story of your striaght friends getting hit by the anti-gay crowd... that about made me laugh out loud...