Honestly, the older I get the more thankful I am for my slacker job. Good pay, good benefits, plenty of time to work on other things. As long as I don't have lapse of conscience and can conform well to the system (which has been my issue in the past) I'll get along well.
Anyway, I recently thought of Letterman like list of Top Five Reasons you Know you work for the government (I hope no one is reading this, like the Columbus Dispatch!As it's been quite a firey topic in the governers roundtable lately!)
1. You come to work, THEN do your hair and make up.
2. You come to the office early, so you can do your morning devotions at your desk.
3. You are finished with your day’s tasks before 9:15 a.m.
4. You got written up three times this year, but you still got your two annual raises.
5. You spend 85% of your work time doing paperwork to prove that you were working.
Of course, all of these things I have OBSERVED not actually done myself! ahem. They say to beware of whatever you put in print because it always come back to bite you in the butt. Let's hope not:)