Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cynical Me

Honestly, the older I get the more thankful I am for my slacker job. Good pay, good benefits, plenty of time to work on other things. As long as I don't have lapse of conscience and can conform well to the system (which has been my issue in the past) I'll get along well.

Anyway, I recently thought of Letterman like list of Top Five Reasons you Know you work for the government (I hope no one is reading this, like the Columbus Dispatch!As it's been quite a firey topic in the governers roundtable lately!)

1. You come to work, THEN do your hair and make up.
2. You come to the office early, so you can do your morning devotions at your desk.
3. You are finished with your day’s tasks before 9:15 a.m.
4. You got written up three times this year, but you still got your two annual raises.
5. You spend 85% of your work time doing paperwork to prove that you were working.

Of course, all of these things I have OBSERVED not actually done myself! ahem. They say to beware of whatever you put in print because it always come back to bite you in the butt. Let's hope not:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Great post!!! Now, even though you said these are all things you observed, I still think #5 applies to you! : )

Here's some more...
6. Your supervisors have no clue about their subordinates jobs
7. Your supervisors won't take responsibility for anything so they blame everyone else
8. You knit all day at your desk and then complain how busy you are when someone asks you to do something
9. Your highly paid administrative assistant doesn't know how to take meeting minutes
10. Document templates get changed as soon as you submit a draft of your document and then you have to start over from scratch!

Notice I'm leaving my name anonymous tonight, but I know you know who I am, friend!

Your friend from the 8th floor : )
P.S. Adorable pic of Isabelle. can't wait to catch up at lunch!