Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Peacful Waters

Life has been busy this month. Conrad has been marking the days since his Dad passed away with, “Wow, can you believe it’s been 40 days since…” And no, I can’t believe it. I think it’s always hard to believe that time marches on, in spite of our heartache.

The girls have both been sick with this and that over the past few weeks. Which means little sleep for Mommy…which means Mommy get’s sick with this and that too. My wonderful husband has, what I fondly like to call, the “Gift of Sleep” meaning he can sleep any time and any where. So the kids wake him up..no problem…he rolls back over and goes to sleep. Me? Not so much. He needs to catch up a little? No problem…he just goes to bed at 7:30 at night and sleeps all night…yes, I said ALL NIGHT. I would get so mad at him for this when I was pregnant that I couldn’t contain my spite. I would sulk around all morning and grumble about how he slept so much the night before…

But, the girls (and myself) are doing much better the last couple of days and we are looking forward to spending Memorial Day with my parents. Actually, it’s approaching Conrad and I’s anniversary and we are also looking forward to celebrating SANS children this weekend! Yeah! A date!

No comments: