Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our Magic Pumpkin

Recently I read a really cool Autumn Idea that I thought we'd do with the kids. I went to the store and bought a pumpkin a few days ago. I hid it and brought out a little seed (actually a cardomen seed!). I told Isabelle it was a magic pumpkin seed and will grow a big pumpkin in a little time. So we went outside, planted our seed and she went down for a nap. While she was asleep I put the pumpkin out where the seed was buried. Seeing as she is three, I didn't have to worry about the obvious flaws with the deceit. Like...why is the stem cut, why is the seed still buried...etc. etc.

When she got up from her nap and went out to look it was pure magic on her face when she saw her pumpkin. She was sooo excited! Luckily, she didn't ask to plant another one, since I had only bought one pumpkin!!

2 comments:

The Polo Club said...

That is a really cute idea. Abby would like that one when she gets older. I am sure Isabelle was enthralled. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon!

drowninginblessing said...

I love Isabelle's pink apron. Great idea!