Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Upside to H1N1

As I mentioned in a previous post, my kids went to thier Oma and Opa's house for a?!
few days since my sitter came down with H1N1. After she got it last week, about three kids have followed suit..so we just thought, why risk it when the Grandparents are always happy to have them?

So my Dad came down and got them and left Monday late afternoon. They left and I was home...alone. With no kids..no work. Nothing. I took a leisurly shower..I even shaved my legs. Pure luxury. Then I laid down and read a book. Wow. Soon Cornad came home early because of a dentist appointment. He had several shots of novicane that hadn't worn off. Not wanting to go back to the office drooling, he just decided to take the afternoon off. He napped too.

After a couple blissful hours of deep sleep, we got up and cleaned the house for a showing we had that evening. Then we went off to a mantinee movie and dinner at the Olive Garden. I LOVE my kids and we talked about them non stop the whole night. But Man, it was a REAL vacation day and soooo restful. Thank you Oma and Opa...and H1N1!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm digging the guy with the nose ring and dreadlocks behind you.

Eric