Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Why I’m A Blogging Slacker

I know I have been slacking on blogging lately. But don’t worry, I’m not a person prone to much guilt, so I haven’t been suffering from Blogging Guilt! I have however been getting calls and emails asking why I haven’t been posting. So I decided to tell you why:

1. It’s Christmas, and I have been baking cookies and wrapping presents. I like doing these things. ESPECIALLY when they are done in moderation. I hate doing things last minute and I don’t get WHY you have to have 17 different kinds of cookies every Christmas…WHY?
2. I have been shopping. I like to shop…but I don’t love to shop. And I despise malls at Christmas time. I will go to great lengths to avoid that crowded “dashing through the snow!” That’s why I love the internet. My favorite sites lately are www.photoworks.com (so cool!) and of course, gift cards are a beautiful thing. And this site might brighten your day:
http://www.simonsezsanta.com/
On that same note, I will say that I have been hearing horror stories of being scammed. So I’ll tell you a lil’ story. We have been shopping for a digital camcorder. To make a long story short, we found a site that listed several hundred dollars lower on the camera we wanted. WITHOUT reading reviews (WHY we did this I’ll never know) we ordered. Found out that the camera didn’t come with cables, cords, or a battery….THAT would cost us hundreds more. At that point, I canceled our order, got hung up on the “customer service” guy, and THEN read reviews on this company. Scary scary reviews of credit cards being charged thousands of dollars from companies in Italy and Nigeria…what?? Needless to say, my internet shopping has been cut short while I canceled my credit card. So I feel obligated to say Buyers Beware: www.bestpricecameras.com
3. I had a bad morning today. I usually leave early for work and leave Conrad and the baby sleeping soundly in the morning. This morning I went into the office with Conrad and we dropped Isabelle off at daycare. It was really hard to leave her there this morning. Maybe it was because I usually pick up, not drop off. Or maybe it was because her usual caregivers weren’t there. Or maybe it was because I laid her down in her crib and had to leave her giggling there alone. I don’t know why, it just made for a really bad morning. My husband is now ready to go to heroic lengths to make sure I am not the one taking her to daycare  I don’t think he can make it through another morning like today. And I am still praying for a job miracle. This one is okay, but eventually something will have to change. What? I don’t know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you don't need to make 12 different kinds of cookies for Christmas, I am going to have 16 different kinds to munch on. We are doing a cookie exchange at work and between those and the ones mom, Aunt B and I are making, we will have like 20 or more different kinds of cookies. ANything you could possibly imagine and more. I know how busy life gets. Shopping and all, but we have missed getting updated pics of Isabelle and can't wait to see her next weekend again. But of course, with all the people there, she will get hogged. Oh Well can't wait to see her anyway (and you too!)

Anonymous said...

Praying for the j. o. b. God is good... and He's provided in the past! RM

Anonymous said...

On scamming, I just saw a warning about the gift cards you buy in grocery stores... (like the ones on racks by check outs)... apparently thieves steal the numbers on them then use the card after you activate it... Amazing how smart thieves can be. All that intelect gone to waste! RM

Anonymous said...

Nellie, its so hard to hear you talk about leaving her. It gets worse when she can talk and she says, please don't leave, Mommy or when she cries - you definitely have to have another job "business" when that happens!!

What are you going to do about a camera?

Opa and I are really starting to have Isabelle (and, of course, Daneille and Conrad) withdrawal and we have another week to see her...so were really do need pictures!! :-)

Love, Oma

Anonymous said...

Your post made me laugh. I never thought about it, but you really don't suffer much from guilt... you are truly not bogged down by the fear of man...you're my hero.

I need my Isabelle fix, too!
Love you, girl!

shanygne