Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2006 Thankfulness Cont.

I’m thankful for my family in India. They love us and would do anything in the world for us. They love Isabelle and their love and presence in her life is priceless. I’m thankful that we had a chance to visit them and introduce our baby girl to them while she was small. I love being a part of an Indian family. I am so glad that my family will be a woven cord of two different cultures. My family has great food, beautiful clothes, fierce loyalty, a cool sense of friendship with my brothers and sisters-in-law, a mother and father in law who love us and add immeasurably to our lives with their wisdom and grace. And I LOVE my husband’s cousins, aunts, uncles, cousin-brothers, cousin-sisters (did I get that right??), nephews, nieces, brothers, and sisters-in-law. You are truly MY family!

I am thankful for my family. As I have become a parent, I am reflecting back on the vital role my extended family played in raising me. And I am realizing how important they are in the lives of my children.
No one loves or cares for your children, other than you, like their grandparents. And they play a different role entirely, than parents. It’s a priceless role. And as my grandparents age, I realize how blessed I am that I have known all four of them throughout most of my life…how unique and special is that? Every day I have with the remaining three grandparents is a gift that I don’t take for granted.

1 comment:

Beth said...

It's been awhile since I stopped by—I had so much fun catching up!! Your little darling is BEAUTIFUl!! I miss all the pink stuff.

Nicholas has the exact same Baby Einstein play station. I know from my other kids who had an older version, Isobelle and Nicholas will LOVE it when they get just a little bit older.