Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ringing in the New Year!

Our weekend wasn't too exciting. Conrad had to work late Friday night and then again New Years Day so we kept it low key. We did have friends over on Friday night and the Chase Family from Tyler Texas, who visited us on Saturday. That was fun!

Conrad's mom says that whatever you do on New Years Day is what you will be doing for the rest of the year. All I have to say is Yikes! Monday started off with me waking up in great pain. I wasn't sure what is was. By Monday night I had narrowed it to two possible problems: downfood poisening or an ulcer (after I googled my symptoms, of course...you gotta love the armchair doctor). After a rough night were, to add insult to injury, Isabelle just wouldn't sleep! The symptoms got worse and I called my family doctor on Tuesday morning. I quickly recapped my symptoms and asked for an appointment today. She told me that it sounded like Gall stones and to go to the emergency room.

Well, fast forward four loooongggg boring hours and indeed, I have gallstones. It does not appear to be infected, so I was invited to "manage" the pain with heavy narcotics, compliments of the MD on call. Well, I have a meeting with a surgeon on Thursday to discuss the removal of my gall bladder.


Another interesting tidbit is that my 9 mo of "morning sickness" during pregnancy was most likely...gall stones! Ick! I even asked my OB who said, "nah, nope. Not gall stones." I asked because my mom had these (and the morning sickness) and had them removed after her second pregnancy, and had a much much better 3rd pregnancy. Listen to your patients, people!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I just read the last two months or so of your blog to get caught up and all I can say is Isabelle is gorgeous. I am glad to hear that you all had a wonderful holiday season.
I had the same gall stone issues after I had Carlie, but opted to keep the troublesome organ. I have only had 2 attacks in the last 3 years so I consider that a success.
The pictures are fabulous and it is nice to see pictures of my family that I don't get to see very often.
Someday before they are all in college, we will have to get our children together. Carlie loves little kids and Luke and Isabelle are close in age. James and I are actually hoping to get to Ohio in the Spring to see everyone. It is a bit easier to travel as a family now that James is a stay at home dad!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the biology lesson, D. We're praying for you! RM

Shanygne said...

When i was pregnant with Morgen, I had an ultrasound where the tech went down by my side and she noticed that I have gall stones, too.. thankfully, I haven't had any problems, and God willing I never will...

I have been out of the loop of your blog! I can't believe that I haven't been keeping up... Isabelle is gorgeous! and you are correct... as soon as they see how cool daddy's are, they aren't ours anymore...so treasure every moment!! I read a poem last night by a mom whose son was getting married and it was all about how she wished she had treasured the "lasts" as much as she had the "firsts"... yeah, I bawled and bawled... loved your tribute to Conrad, too... yeah, I cried, then, too...seem to be doing a lot of that these days...