Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Building A Cake


Happy Valentines Day! We are snowed in here in Columbus, Ohio and celebrating the fact that we will not be able to get out of our driveway tommorrow morning. Tonight I built Conrad a cake for Valentines day(yes it's a subtle Napoleon Dynamite reference). The cake is sad...very sad. I thought I would try to "frost" a cake with whipped cream. Oh well, you win some you lose some.


Just a tribute to Valentines gone past...many a V-day my best friend Rachel and I would celebrate with a review of our favorite chic flick, The Princess Bride. Rach, who would have thought what Valentines Day 2007 would have brought us! Two wonderful husbands, beautiful little Isabelle, and so many other blessings:)Congratulations!

3 comments:

Shanygne said...

WAIT!!! WHAT???? "A little Miller on the way"??? Is that what I just read?

AWESOME!! I will have to get in touch with them soon! When is she due?

I think your cake looks yuummy. who wants perfection, anyway?

Anonymous said...

Eric and I were snowed in for Valentines Day as well and it was nice (of course we did not have school Tusday either, you have to love being a teacher). I like being able to spend the whole day with my hubby. Has Conrad let you take Isabelle outside to feel the snow yet? Maybe you should build a snowman and then take a picture of her beside it - her first snowman:) Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi D... well, Princess Bride with the hubby wasn't quite the same (what's the fun of princess bride if you can't quote every line?) but I think he liked it and I'm sure we'll watch it again. We're looking forward to the bonus features. My cranberry-raspberry truffle looked a bit like your Charlie Brown cake. Yummers though too! You can't go wrong with two cups of Hazlenut creamer! (it tasted a bit like licqoure-- however you spell it). Mark made succulent roasted lemon chicken... the same recipe he used for Proposal Number One. We were just glad to be beyond the proposal sagas and in wuv! RM