Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Had a Nice "Trip"

I have been putting off posting because I have not downloaded pictures from my camera in a few days, and let's face it, my family and friends far and wide mostly read my blog to see pictures of Isabelle!

We had a nice relaxing weekend this last weekend. For us, it was three days long! Thank you American Presidents! We have decided to invest in Blockbuster's All Access pass, and since it's cold and blustery here in Ohio, have really made use of the thing. On Saturday I got my hair cut and colored, went shopping(at a consignment store, no less) I have been putting off and putting off buying clothes. I keep thinking I'll get back into my old clothes soon. Well, soon hasn't come soon enough, so I compromised by buying used clothes. It had to be done, but I feel better about not spending so much on it. Let me tell you tho, I highly recommend a good consignment store. GREAT prices, name brands...what's not to love?

And Sunday night we went to a birthday party for the son of one of Conrad's co-workers. It was an Indian b-day party and about 100 people were there for his son's first birtday...that's a lot to live up to for Isabelle's first birthday!

On the way out of the building that night, there was a group of about 10 men out smoking. We were walking out and I knew it was icy. As soon as I saw all of those people out there I thought to myself, "I'm going to fall." And as if in self-fulfilling prophesying , I slipped and fell! Flat on my back! No worries, I'm an expert at falling, so no long term injuries befell me! Ha!

On Monday, my mom, dad, Aunt Brenda, Papaw Clynis, and cousin Brittany came down to spend the day visiting "us" (i.e. see the baby). It was nice to spend the day with everyone and we ending with a nice trip to the mall, where Isabelle (of course) got another cool outfit complete with Sunglasses, hat, and silver shoes (pictures to come).

All and all a very nice weekend, despite my Sunday night "trip."

3 comments:

January Newbanks Soell said...

I feel your pain...I fell down two flights of stairs behind my apartment last June and I'm still in physical therapy. I think the best part was after I had fallen--I'm laying at the base of the steps, my black skirt all the way up revealing my bright teal and pink underwear, sobbing as the neighbor across the alley smokes a cigarette and then goes back inside. Gotta love that humiliation :).

Anonymous said...

It is a humiliation, I did that once at the zoo in front of all my co-workers and the guests. I was mortified for a few seconds until we all started laughing (I was not really hurt, just a couple of scrapes). I can't wait to see new pictures of Isabelle! I can't wait to see her. We miss her. Kiss her kisses for us!

Shanygne said...

LOVE this post! So rich with info!

Sorry about the fall, but I am sureyou handled it with grace...did you get up and say, "ta-da!!??

Wish I could find a good consignment store for adults...I know a good one for the kids, and go there about once a season, but haven't found one for me... waaah.