Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Celebrating my first Mother’s Day


We went to visit my family for the weekend and to celebrate mother’s day. We had a nice dinner with my parents and with my Aunt Brenda and Uncle Thornton on Saturday night. Isabelle is really getting into food, but HATES baby food. I think we ruined her, maybe a bit early. She will eat bits and pieces of anything you give her. Saturday she even had her first French fry.

On Sunday, we went to church with the fam, then went to the hospital to visit my Grandpa, then back to my parents for dinner with the whole family. It was a nice big Payne dinner, with everyone tittering beforehand about IF there will be enough food. (I never wonder WHY I am chubby…even though most everyone in my family is thin, they cook..and eat..like it’s their last meal...it must be a southern thing). But all of the women are always overly concerned about there being enough food at a gathering. Keep in mind, we usually have upwards of 15 dishes and 3 or 4 desserts at your run-of-the-mill family gathering (that is not like, Christmas. That’s a whole other ballgame). Sunday we only had two desserts…I know, highly disappointing.

But Isabelle was the belle of the ball, as usual, with her smiles and giggles. She did great the whole day, then slept hard for the two hour trip home. On Friday Isabelle brought home a Mothers day flower for me from Daycare. And Conrad got me a Massage and facial...geezzz…he ALWAYS gets the perfect gift:)

1 comment:

Shanygne said...

Yeah for Conrad... way to go!

and for visits from Oma! I can't wait for my mom to come...