Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pimped Out House

I know I have been a blogging slacker lately, but the last few days have been a whirlwind of activity. First of all, we found out about some impending changes that highly affect us. These changes propelled us to think about other changes. (and no, I’m not pregnant) Cryptic, huh? Okay, I’ll explain some.

We live on one side of Columbus, and our church is on the other side. We work kind of in the middle. We want to move to the other side. Besides, the school districts are better, and, as far as we know now, we will probably do the public school thing eventually. Right now, it takes us about 45 minutes to get to church! It makes getting too involved difficult.

So we decided that if we were going to move, we were going to move into a little bigger home so we can stay there for….well, for a while. You never really know with us tho. So, for the past couple of weeks we have been looking and looking and looking. Finally we found what we want. Actually we found a lot of houses that we want…but it also had to fit within our budget. We are going to build, and that will give us time to sell present home. We are praying for SOME kind of profit to put down on a home. As you probably know, it’s definitely a buyers market and not a sellers. So it works for us on one end, but not the other.

We spent the weekend going from one model home to the next. We probably drug our patient baby through fifteen different models! We found a few offering good deals and we liked their homes. On Sunday, we were driving around church and (quite on accident) ended up at a small community, probably with homes smaller than we’d like. But as we were looking at the model and talking to the sales guy, he told us he’d give us $50,000 in upgrades/options on any home purchase in a near neighborhood with larger homes…what?? No way! But, alas, it’s true, and so far, we’ve decided on a cool multi-level home that has about 3000 square feet. And it will be totally pimped out.

Whoo hoo!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is cool. I am excited for you. We area talking about moving in the next couple years too. We want a bigger house too (in a better school district so our kids can go to public school.) Good luck selling the house. I am sure it will sell quickly. Give Isabelle our love!

Anonymous said...

I love the house. Will you get the rock face too? Ahh... the draw of a picket fence life and a house. We're staring another move in the face in the next couple weeks. But each life has its blessings!
I felt the baby kicking this morning (on the outside of my belly). Very fun! RM

JaydensJourney said...

Very cool...who is the builder? info, need info...Ruthie helped to stage my house, you should give her a ring. Of course, I could save you the consulting fee...pack 1/3 of your house before you put it on the market. Oh the fun you'll have picking out upgrades, enjoy the process and the fun. Congratulations!

JaydensJourney said...

You're buying a Beazer home aren't you...aren't you? I am a savvy internet searcher. I am also buying my second one (and they have a good second time buyer program when you decide on the next one). Can't wait to see it.

JaydensJourney said...

Oh and because I am on a roll for unsolicited advice today...upgrade to the second HVAC system if it's not standard in your area. If I am correct about it being a Beazer home...visit the design studio a couple times before your appointment if you can. Also, you can ask them to give you an option list ahead of time so you can plan it all out. I got it in Excel and the ordered it the way I wanted. Okay...I'm on a roll... go to the fourth level of upgrade on the dishwasher...sound deadening version...like what we had in the Van house. I'll be quiet now...have fun building your new house and I hope you sell the current one quickly.

Anonymous said...

Hi D! The house looks awesome. Some weekend, I want to go to the model and check it out with you. You know I love this kind of stuff.

See ya soon, Nat

January Newbanks Soell said...

What neighborhood are you moving to? And, by the way, which church are you-guys attending these days?

Andy and I just bought a house, too. Good times :).

Shanygne said...

That is sooo cool!! I hope we can find some kind of deal when the day comes... and PLEASE pray that we can sell THIS house... we are wanting to put it up for sale, but are frustrated at the shape it is in right now... oh, the trials!!