Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fairwell to Good Friends

For the first six or so years I lived in Columbus, the Lord led me to a small church on the west side called Grace Community Church. The Pastor and his wife were round-a-bout friend from ORU. We had a great time serving together and really just doing life together. And over the past six years or so have been some of my dearest and most faithful friends.

A year or so ago, Conrad and I felt like it was time to move on to something new, but my friendship with them has continued. They were really like family to me. Before I was married and I needed a “rent-a-husband” (to fix things or carry things) Kirsten loaned out Scott (or I guess I should say, Scott loaned himself out!) without reservation and was there every time! When Conrad and I married, Scott performed the ceremony and Kirsten helped me with wedding details. When I was sick or sad, Kirsten was always there to talk or cry with. I have told her before, but I believe that she was one of the truest examples of a friend I have ever had.

I say all of that to say this weekend, after 11 years of faithful and wholehearted service at Grace, they picked up and moved to the other side of the country. Scott took a job on staff at Next Level Church in Florida! I am so excited for them in the next phase of their lives. I love you guys! We'll see you on our next Disney Vacation!

1 comment:

Shanygne said...

I hate it when that happens...

I hate goodbyes...try to avoid them.