Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend at Oma’s

This past week has been such a whirlwind week! Conrad was out of town so we had to do quite a bit of juggling with my clinic schedule and him being away. So we ended up spending some time at my parents at the beginning of the week and leaving Isabelle there an extra night.

So everyone gathered to see the sole grandchild. I miss her so much when I’m not with her, but I think everyone involved, her at the top of the list, has fun. Well wouldn’t you? They put her on the ground, she crawls about two feet, she sits up and claps her hands and smiles, and all half a dozen people around her, smile, clap, and yell “Yeah!” with her. Every grunt, sound, movement, smile, laugh, and giggle is rewarded with undivided attention and genuine appreciate. She was in heaven.

But I must add myself to the group of Isabelle admirers. I think all of the attention caused a slew of changes in this baby. Let me highlight for you some changes in Isabelle over the past two weeks:

 She went from totally stationary to crawling to pulling herself up and letting go for 2 or 3 seconds at a time!
 She went from goo goo ga to saying, “Bye Bye” and waving, and saying “Uh Oh” all the time!

And, of course, she now has, down pat, the temper tantrum. Head tossed back, back arched, red faced, screaming bloody murder at the top of her voice. An old friend of mine used to call it the “I am God” back arch. So the games begin….

3 comments:

Shanygne said...

milestones always seem to happen in spurts! It's so much fun!!

Hope you are feeling much better... I just read your previous posts and saw that you had strep! Yuck!

Hope you are all doing well and feeling good about your move... when does that happen?

drowninginblessing said...

sounds like she'll be walking soon! Wow. RM

The Shenks said...

Wow she is growing so fast! So is Andrew...before we know it, he'll be saying his first words, too. I look forward to it, but at the same time, I want him to stay little and cuddly!