Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sowing & Reaping

Isabelle has hit the stage where she is going all the time. She hates to be still. Even if you hug her for too long she cries out and begins to try to squirm out of your arms. She bull dozes everywhere, as you can tell from the video’s below. She hilariously stomps around with her tummy leading the way and her elbows out behind her to balance the whole thing out.

And, she has started a new nasty habit…fighting sleep. Now, I need to preface this by saying that Isabelle has never been a good sleeper, but now it’s a whole new level. For the last three nights she won’t even lay down. She stands up and rolls around and cries bloody murder at the top of her voice! Finally last night, we just gave up and left her in her crib to cry it out (we have done this before…but she always beat us at the game, and we gave up after 20 or 30 minutes of crying). Last night tho, was a breakthrough…she went to sleep after only 10 minutes of crying! That is considerably less than she has ever done! And, on a happy note, this fit seems to tire her out and she only gets up once, briefly, and goes back to sleep. Those ARE happy times!
Interestingly enough, I was telling my dad about this on the phone yesterday and he said, “Funny thing is that YOU did the same thing about the SAME age. You hated going to sleep.” So I ask you….is it REALLY sowing and reaping if you were too young to even remember it??

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I think it definitely should NOT count!! My mom tells me that ALL the time as far as Sienna goes. And I really don't feel that's fair. I'm sure it's comforting to Mom to know that I can finally understand her a little better and what she went through with me but I'm not sure if I ever want to Sienna to know the depth of my insanity!!

Unknown said...

I apologize to my mom daily about anything bad I may have done to her when I was a kid. I just wish the kids would take more of my good stuff and not just the bad.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it should count. However, I truly think I am reaping three fold with Carlie.
Good Luck and continue to stand your ground. It only becomes more interesting as she gets older.

Beth said...

Nicholas just started walking the day before yesterday. So wish we lived closer! These two would have FUN together! : )

Emily Jade said...

Since I think I've earned the stripes to comment on this one...Each child is both a trial and a joy. Reaping what you sowed as a child has no bearing here. Parents enjoy a little bit of "payback" if you will, and only get our thoughts rolling about what OTHER harvests you will enjoy as your beautiful child grows. Focus on the good that you have sown in your life, and encourage your child to do the same, and know that above all else...this too shall pass...

Interesting note: Evan has never been a good sleeper, and still wakes at least once a night. He's 6, and he has been tested for both Autism and Asbergers (sp?). Evan shows savant qualities, and it was explained to us that he CAN'T sleep, for fear of missing a "learning moment". If your baby's sleep doesn't even out, start really paying attention to her IQ. Just an idea...