Monday, December 10, 2007

Close to Home

Yesterday an unknown shooter opened fire in a YWAM base in Colorado killing 2 and wounding 2 more young missionaries in training. Later on Sunday, right after the morning service, a shooter opened fire in New Life Church in Colorado Springs, right near where parents were picking their children up from Sunday School. He killed several people there before a security guard killed him.

In our little community of friends and family, MANY of them are YWAMer’s or were YWAMer’s. And I have many many friends who go to New Life and are even on staff there. I have no idea how everyone is.
Pray for these folks today.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Very sad news Danielle. It truly breaks my heart to hear about this. My prayers and thoughts are with you and all of these families.

Anonymous said...

These two incidents are very sad! I hope you hear about your friends soon.

Emily Jade said...

Our prayers and thoughts are with all of the families involved.