Tuesday, September 02, 2008

...and on the farm he had a...

We had a great holiday weekend this last week. We started it early, by heading up to my mom and dad’s so Conrad and my dad could go to a Brown’s game on Thursday night. Isabelle and I stayed home with Grandma and Mom. Fine with me! I had to work in Cincinnati that morning, so I had logged several hundred miles by the time we made it to Norwalk.

We spent most of the weekend resting and relaxing and doing not much of anything. Isabelle has lately been enamored with horses. So every trip in the car in rural Ohio is a delight for her senses! Actually anything on four legs warranted an excited response. These city girls….


Friday night we went to my parent’s friend’s farm and Isabelle actually got to get up close and personal with some cows, horse, pig, pigmy horses, roosters, cats, rabbits etc. She was having serious sensory overload. She loved it and did not want to leave the farm. Of course, she really didn’t want to get too near the animals either.

My sister and niece also came up on Friday night so we got to spend some time with Jona and Abby. Isabelle is totally in love with Abby and gets so excited when she’s around, she will literally run in circles around the baby. Abby is just looking around like, “What the…?” Consequently, since Aunt Jona is the bearer of the baby, she’s not too far down on the favorite list either. Whenever she was out of Isabelle’s sight she would say, “Where’s Aunt Jona?” or more often, go screaming down the hall, “Aunt Jooooooonnnnaaaaaaa?”

Isabelle had a great time, and she was a little delight most of the weekend. It seems like the more she learns to talk, the less frustrated she gets. That’s good. Yesterday, we were at the mall to pick up some things, and she saw her daddy across the store. She started yelling, “Daddy! Daddy! How are you?” And when we got home from my mom and dad’s on Sunday night, Isabelle spotted our neighborhood and started crying, “No home. Go to Oma’s house!” Over and over…I guess that means she had a good time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see all of you this weekend. I can't believe how much I miss you when you're gone. I'm glad Isabelle had a good time, too. Your Mom and I are talking about when we can come visit, so you can expect to see us in the not to distant future. Hope your days are good and that you're not too tired.
Love you...........
Aunt Brenda

drowninginblessing said...

very fun. Abe has just woken up to the little animals on his shirt, in his baby bowl. So fun to see him cooing and talking to them. Glad Isabelle got some country girl time. --Rachel, longing for internet when I can have more than 5 minutes online!

Anonymous said...

We sure missed the little ones when you left. It was such a good weekend. I almost had your dad talked into coming down on Monday - but he said you needed a break from us!!! :-) The house is so empty without our little bouncy haired girl running down the hallway yelling "OMA". Hope you got some rest. We love you. Oma