Friday, October 17, 2008

Family Ties

As I'm sitting here today, everyone in my house is asleep...amazing! Except me. I am sitting here and reflecting on what an amazing couple of weeks we have had. In the midst of Grace's birth, we had so much help! I have to say how grateful I am (grateful seems to be a theme for me this month!) to have such a wonderful supportive family. Starting over a week before Grace was born, my Grandma Margie came to stay with us, just in case Grace decided to make an early entrance, we would have someone to stay with Isabelle.

If you have never had the privelage of knowing Grandma, it is certainly your loss. She is one of the most loving, kind, and genuinely Christ-like woman you will ever meet. She is in her 70's and came down for a week to take care of us! Isabelle LOVES Granny too, and thrived staying home with her while we were at work. Thanks Grandma, for all of your help and for adding so much to our lives, just by your presence!

And then, I can't help but be thankful for my parents, who came to help out to. My dad was there for a couple of days (he can't sit still too long, so flitted in and out during the birth process) and he even did some grocery runs and loads and loads of laundry. I think he felt sorry for me one morning, as I was dragging my sleepless self out of bed that first week!

And my Mom, who was there the entire first week after Grace was born. I know I mentioned this before, but her "love lanuage" is acts of service, and this is particularly WONDERFUL when you have some practical "felt needs" that come with having a baby. She tirelessly chased Isabelle around and distracted her, while we were focused on Grace, she gave baths, cooked, rocked, sorted baby clothes, changed lot's of diapers, and everything else that needed done. AND, she did it happily. Thanks Mom and Dad, for being the best Oma and Opa in the world!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you! We do have the best family!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, can I tell you that I absolutely adore that picture of Grace on the side of your blog! it is too precious!