Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The Great Outdoors

After being cooped up all winter long the girls and I are LOVING being outside. Everything is new for Isabelle again. Being so little last summer, she really doesn’t remember that much. Our daily ritual when I am home with them and it’s warm enough is to finish breakfast and head out to the yard to spend our morning. We blow bubbles, write with sidewalk chalk, ride Isabelles kiddie roller coaster her Oma and Opa got her, and ride her tricycle. We also pull Grace’s Baby bouncy toy out so she can have a little independence and enjoy the day.

We haven’t yet managed to get a fence, so my day also consists of chasing Isabelle down before she meaders too far from home. I have also created the “Invisable barrier” does anyone remember Les Nesman from “WKRP” and his invisible office walls? I take Isabelles sidewalk chalk and draw a line on the driveway. I told her that no matter what she isn’t to cross that line.
So she spends much of her time riding her bike to that line, and slowly crossing it with one wheel (only to be disciplined) or simply riding her bike to the line and starring at it. After a big rain the line disappears. She’s so excited to ride to the end of the driveway then! I get out the chalk and start to re-draw the line and she’ll give a devastating scream of “noooooooooo!”

3 comments:

The Polo Club said...

Isn't it nice to be outside! I love going and hanging out with Abby outside!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that Isabelle is ok and from the pictures, both of the girls seem to be fine. Do you remember the lines drawn when you were little? I don't because I thought you were perfect....just like an aunt or grandmother, right? Love you guys and can't wait to see you again.
Aunt Brenda

Oma said...

Danielle, I could have written this post!! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I think this is just one reason I love Isabelle so much (along with her beautiful sister and beautiful cousin!!! :-) She keeps things going - never a dull moment. See you soon. Love you all