Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Deep Creek Lake

We had a great time last week on vacation with my family. My sister and her family came, along with my parents, and my Grandma Margie. My parents rented a really nice three story condo and we ate and talked and played all week long! The event we were celebrating was my Grandma’s 75th birthday! But I have to say that we all really enjoyed this birthday present!

Some highlights for us (besides the extra hands to help with the kids…and of course the extra sleep!) was the day we spent out on the lake in a pantoon, and the mountain roller coaster.


There is so much to do there. We had never heard of Deep Creek Lake before but after the fact I’ve had several people tell me that they vacation there!

Isabelle was a ham, as usual, and she rode to Maryland with my parents. After a few hours of riding in the car, she woke up from a long nap, looked around, and asked my Dad, “Opa, are we going to Africa?” She also locked herself in a bathroom and had a heyday with my mom’s make up. We were banging on the bathroom door, and she’s yelling, “Hold on! Hold on!” when she finally unlocked the door, this is what we saw:


As is typical in my family, the children become sermon illustrations and my dad preached a message on Sunday called “The right idea, but the wrong application.” Inspiration by Isabelle.

3 comments:

The Shenks said...

That slide show rocks! You got extra sleep on vacation with kids!?! We had 10 other people with us, and I never slept in once! Lucky dog!

drowninginblessing said...

So fun! Thanks for the pictures and the video (which will hopefully download in the next hour... grrr... slow internet). Happy Birthday Grandma Margie!

Anonymous said...

those pictures were great, that place really was amazing the babyes made it more fun,all the good food did'nt hurt either,just being together is the best,thanks rachel,hi to your little familey as well, love you all granny