Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Jammin'

I have been dying to try my hand at making jam. I called our local pick your own farm around the 17th of June only to find out that I had missed strawberry season!! Really!? Missed it?! Luckily, the grocery store had some strawberries out so I bought a few pounds and headed home to jam!

I had no idea how to make strawberry jam, but I bought some sure-jell and lots of sugar and called 1-800-Grandma. She walked me through it (all THREE times I called her) and mostly told me to OPEN THE PACKAGE of Sure-Jell and READ the instructions. I know, rocket science, right? Who knew there were instructions on the inside of such a small box?

It turned out yummy, and all of my jars sealed over night. We had strawberry jam on English Muffins for breakfast and everything. Watch your stockings for Christmas, I’m sure some of you will be getting jars of jelly from me for Christmas ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of you you have becom so domesticated ,idid those things out of necessity,but was always proud of my work when i had finished.your jam looks yummie and beautiful,hug my girls for me love you guys granny

Anonymous said...

It would be easier to just buy some at the store.

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! Way to go. :)

Natalie said...

What? We really missed strawberry season? I always remember that it starts around Father's day, but I didn't think it ended so soon. And, where's this u-pick farm you speak of?

The jam looks great! Nice job!