Sunday, March 06, 2011

Sweet and Sassy

This last weekend my sister Jona came to visit. She brought my neice Abby (and my soon to be born nephew too!). We haven't gotten together since Christmas, and apparently Abby was crying the other day for "My cousin Isabelle!" so Jona thought it might be time to get the girls together! We concurred.

On Saturday night we decided to do something really special with the girls. Conrad had a meeting at church, so Jona and I, and three toddler girls headed out to the (overly packed) mall. We didn't tell the girls what we were taking them to do, just that it was a special treat. After dinner at California Pizza Kitchen we took them to Sweet and Sassy, a Salon and Spa for little girls for pedicures! They were overjoyed to put thier feet in bubbly tubs, choose thier nail polish color, and get little sparkly flowers put on thier nails. Although it was seriously overpriced, it WAS a fun once-in-a-while treat!

These people know what they are doing. The pedicure was great and thier toes were pretty, but they were great with the "value added" stuff. They put glitter in thier hair, and hair spray to make thier hair smell like cotton candy. They also put glittery stars on thier cheeks. It really doesn't take much to make little girls happy.

Sweet and Sassy really specializes in birthday parties and all our girls were enraptured by a pre teen birthday party happening at the same time. The girls were in thier PJ's, getting mud masks and pedicures and manicures and dancing thier hearts out on a run way to "Oh Baby Baby." You could just see the wheels turning in Isabelle's head with how totally cool these 10 year olds were.





5 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so cute but I think you guys are really starting something now! They are going to have high expectations. Oh and Abbey looks just like Jona.

Anonymous said...

thease are the cutest pictures ever wish i could have seen all that. love you guys granny

Oma said...

Just so you know-I'm not going to talk to you guys anymore for not inviting me. So I'm going to pout for awhile!!! Lol. The pictures are beautiful - it looks like they were having a blast!!

Aunt Brenda said...

I would love to have been there to see the girls. You will definitely make Stallards out of them. The pictures are wonderful. I'm sure they all had a great time. Love you all.

Unknown said...

Okay, that is adorable.. I'm going to have to start looking around here. :) That would be a great tradition to do when my nieces come to visit!