Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hidden Veggie Pops

Apparently, there is much controversy around the idea of hiding vegetables in your kids food. I, personally, don't have a problem with it and have read (although just now ordered) Jessica Seinfelds book, Deceptively Delicious. As it turns out, my kids loved veggies until they turned about two, then they systematically rejected all things green. They will eat veggies well hidden in dishes I cook, tho. Isabelle is starting to pick up some positive things from school. Occasionally she'll look at the vegetable on her plate and say, "Well, it's good to try new things, right Mom?" Or she'll tell Grace, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."


My kids love popsicles, like most children. So I decided to make some nutritious frozen goodness. They LOVE them and eat them for breakfast. I basically make a smoothie, but I always use blueberries because it covers the green color (which could tip them off as to the veggie content!)

Frozen blueberries
Frozen peaches
Frozen bananas
Greek Yogurt (high in protein)
Bunch of raw spinach
Splash of juice or milk

Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Then pour into a popsicle mold and freeze. Enjoy!

No comments: