Monday, March 19, 2007

The Beach Bums Are Back


We had a wonderful time in Cancun this past week. It was so great to relax and rejuvenate in La Caribbea. It was Conrad’s first time visiting that part of the world and he was in awe of the beautiful waters and beaches. Cancun is a little touristy, but the posh resort, right on the beach, with the Jacuzzi bar…on the beach…made up for it. I will say that we missed Isabelle terribly and paid too much money for a few minutes on the internet so we could get on our blog and look at pictures of her!

My old roommate Carrie used to have a “List” she kept. Whenever she saw a person doing something that really shouldn’t be done, she’d say, “Put that on the list! (For example) Never call a girl ‘big’, never call a girl, ‘dawg’ and NEVER call a girl ‘big dawg’!” So during this trip, I observed some things that I would like to officially put on “the list.”
1. Know when you are in the “Shouldn’t wear a bikini” category and embrace it. It’s okay if you can’t, as long as you DON’T. I understand I’m not in the bikini category, fortunately, I know this. I might add that I truly wish modesty dictated more behavior in our society. There was more that one time I was embarrassed to take my Indian husband to scantily clad beach areas!
2. If you are over 60, and over weight, AND have a tattoo on your derrière, DON’T wear a thong! You’d think this would go without saying.
3. I would like to add, no matter how much sunblock you put on, a fair skinned person will get burned in the Caribbean, in the middle of the day. (and I am dreading the itching stage!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like fun! A lot more fun than here. A lot warmer too!! Oh I wish I were there! The Carribean is beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics! However we did have fun with Isabelle here and she has gotten so big!!

Shanygne said...

THat water looks so beautiful!!
And you guys look so great!

Glad you got to get away and that it was so relaxing...