Monday, March 12, 2007

Welcoming P.J.


This weekend I threw a Baby Shower for my friend Kim. It was soo fun...and if I do say so myself, the best baby shower I have ever been too. We did the colors in Baby Blue and Chocolate brown and so many wonderful friends showed up. Kim attends Conrad & I's old church and it was GREAT to see everyone and catch up with all the ladies that showed up to help welcome P.J. (Phil Jr as we lovingly call the baby now

We asked the ladies to write down a piece of advice for child rearing and a funny story about kids and we read these in between Kim opening her presents. One of the best was, "Teach your sons to cook and clean. Your future daughter-in-law's will thank you for this." My favorite story came from Kim's mom, who came from Coschocton, OH for the party. She said that when Kim was about in Kindergarten she used to stand in front of the mirror, and flip her long blonde hair over her shoulder, twirl in a circle with her new dress and say, "I bet the boys will think I'm pretty!" Now that's good self esteem, people.



).

2 comments:

Shanygne said...

Once again, you have pulled off being the perfect hostess, and another incredible cake! Do you want to come and give me a shower?? (Since we have to start over with a girl, and most of our things being more than 8 years old and falling apart - we definitely need help)

Love yoru pictures! It surprises me that being the hostess you had time to take any! But, you ARE superwoman!! Isabelle looks SO big! I can't believe I haven't been able to meet her yet...wah!

Anonymous said...

Hi D... I keep checking your site thinking I might see pictures of palm trees, beaches and snorkel suits... but alas you must have left the laptop at home. Enjoy the sun and we can't wait to hear about it when you return! RM