Friday, April 06, 2007

Knitting & Husbands


This week we got to see some good friends who live in Michigan, Mike & Cara O and their kids, who came to Columbus to visit. They were staying with our friends Scott and Kirsten and we had dinner with everyone Wednesday night. It was so nice to catch up with Cara. We have been good friends since she moved to Columbus a few years back (and then moved back home a year later). Cara and I were instant close friends as we have very similar personalities and warped perspectives on life!

A few years ago, before most of us were married, our favorite thing to do on a Saturday night was go to Kirsten’s, all of us already in our PJ’s, and bring our knitting (seriously, we were all trying to learn to knit at the time), ice cream, and chick flicks. The four of us (Kirsten, Kim, Cara, and I) sat around, laughed, talked, and drove the lone man (Kirsten’s husband, Scott…also our pastor) crazy! Actually he was quite obliging about the whole thing, as long as we included him in the ice cream, the movie wasn’t too “chicky”, and no one required him to knit.

It is amazing to see where God has brought us all. Interestingly enough, all of my closest girl friends got married within six months of each other. Cara and Kim both married in April of 2005, I followed in May. Cara then had a baby last year, so did we, and Kim is expecting in May! The house was full on Wednesday night with kids and babies running around, not to mention the addition of three husbands. I think Scott was very glad to no longer be the sole male.

This picture above is of Isabelle trying some of Kirsten’s yummy dessert on Wednesday night

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just loved her little pink bow that night! Will we be fifty before we have another knitting/movie night? LOL!

Shanygne said...

That is sooo cool! It's like when my roommates and I get together for THanksgiving... always a blast, and the group is growing every year...

Anonymous said...

No new Easter blog? I'm beginning to feel a bit convicted... that I get more excited about checking the Michael chronicles than finding out what the Lord may have to say to me today... hmmm... Addiction? Possibly! :) RM

JaydensJourney said...

She is so cute. I can't believe how much she has changed and grown!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute. i hope you put on a picture of her in her Easter outfit. I can't wait to see what she is going to wear to the wedding this weekend. Can't wait to see you all!!