Thursday, May 31, 2007

Memorial Weekend Rehash

I enjoyed reading what some of my friends wrote about their Memorial weekend’s in review so I thought I’d also tell you a bit about ours. You already know about our house buying venture. That has been a trip.

Tonight the real estate agent came over on Wednesday night and took pictures so that we could put our house on the market (see pictures in post). So much of our weekend consisted of cleaning and de-cluttering. As many of you know already, I despise clutter, so I actually enjoyed taking things down and boxing them away. Some of them, I thought, I might as well throw away anyway! But then I thought I have a bigger house to decorate, so I thought I’ll revisit those boxes another day to decide.

On Sunday after church, we hooked up with my Grandma, who was visited my Uncle and Aunt and cousins in the Columbus area and took her to see the model of our new house then she traveled with us to my parents…and back home for her. We had a cookout at my Aunt Brenda’s house with all of the Memorial day fixin’s. It was nice to see the whole fam.

Then on Monday we went to the Pier in Huron and took a walk. I spent much of my childhood living in Huron, so the Pier and Lake Erie is always very nostalgic for me. It was the first time we had taken Isabelle to the Lake. She was in awe of all the people and the boats and the water. She sat forward in her stroller the whole time taking everything in.

Then my parents took us to Damon’s, which is a great place up there because it sits right in a marina, on the water…consequently, right by Cedar Point. We had a wonderful dinner and all of the servers came out to admire Isabelle. Of course, she’s in seventh heaven with an audience. One waitress said, “We see lot’s of beautiful babies here, but I think yours is the prettiest.” Well, we think so, what we are her parents…so what do we know!

1 comment:

The Shenks said...

She IS the prettiest little girl! I am so excited about your house - when can we go see the model?