Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Strep Throat

So there was a notice on the door of the daycare that Strep Throat has been going around…and lucky me, I got it. So this morning I spent with my (Eastern European) Doctor, Dr. J. I really like her, actually. We have only been there one other time, but she was very personable and spent a lot of time chatting with me about my concerns and symptoms. How rare is that these days? That is the sad part about moving to the other side of town…we are going to have to find new doctors for everything! And just when we were getting used to the ones we had!

So a shot of penicillin and some Claritin later and I’m back at my desk, feeling like I’ve been run over by a truck. Good times. Dr J told me that I wasn’t contagious and I could return to work. And I am trying desperately to conserve my sick time since I will be having my gall bladder removed at the end of the month…ick! And as many of you mom’s know out there…sick time is no longer your own. My sick time I now use for my sick child and my “sick” time is spent at my desk, trying to quietly avoid interacting with others.


Strep seemed to have passed Isabelle and Conrad right on by. As you can see, she’s happy as a clam in her new dress, compliments of Grandma Margie.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Welcome to motherhood! I never had strep until Ashley had it at age four. She is a magnet for it and tends to get it at least twice a year . . . and many times me too. I'm glad Isabelle and Conrad didn't get it. Babies tend to be immune.

drowninginblessing said...

Hi D. Sorry to hear you caught the bug, but I'm glad to hear Isabelle was spared! Hope you have a restful day at your desk. :) (I get my cell phone back tonight!) RM

Anonymous said...

Strep is going around here as well. There were a couple of teachers that had it. But, at least the baby did not get it. That would be difficult. Hopefully, I will get to see you soon. I miss Isabelle and you of course. Feel better soon.

The Shenks said...

OH she is SO cute! If you need anything, let me know... I'm just a few minutes away! Let's do lunch when you are feeling better!