Friday, July 06, 2007

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears...oh my!

Wednesday was a unique 4th for us. You know, you feel like it’s almost a wasted holiday when it’s in the middle of the week. I’m still thankful for it, but a three day weekend would have been nice too. Anyway, we went to the Columbus Zoo yesterday. Wednesday’s are half price days and we had never taken Isabelle before. She was hilarious!

Every exhibit we’d go to, she’d stare and start going “ohhhh” Then when we’d leave to go to another animal or exhibit, she’d start crying. The penguins were probably her favorite, as they kept swimming right in front of her. She loved the aquarium too. Since it was hot and rainy yesterday, many of the animals were hiding or hidden and unless they moved, she couldn’t see them.

But when we went to see the Elephants, one big guy was right at the edge where all of the people were, reaching his trunk over the ledge trying to get grass. He was probably 3 or 4 feet away from us. She was totally absorbed in watching the elephant. Of course, most of the time, she was more interested in watching the other kids around.

But it started to rain about 20 minutes into our visit and it stayed rainy until we reached the exit, at which point the sun came out and the birds started chirping. I know, we have great timing. Isabelle was totally exhausted and fell immediately asleep by the time we reached the car. I know the feeling. She slept well last night and was STILL asleep when I left for work the next morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Thanks for the great pics! We spent the day working on a newsletter (woohoo) and then went to a home group cookout in the country. I got to see some flashes and booms. Always nice to enjoy while we're here. RM

Anonymous said...

Mom and I were just talking about taking Isabelle to the zoo here in Toledo, since I work there, I can get them both in free with me. Also into the special butterfly exhibit where she can touch all of the butterflies. We were thinking she would like that. I am not sure if mom has talked to you or not, but I am hoping we are able to do that. The pictures are great and we miss Isabelle so much!! Give her kisses from Aunt Jona and Uncle Eric

Anonymous said...

It looks like Isabelle had a great time! She is sooo cute!