Monday, May 12, 2008

The Big Tease

As every pregnant woman knows, you begin counting down the days till your due date as soon as you have a due date! Every day is one day closer to the blessed event. Some of us count down because we can’t wait to see our little bundle of joy, some of us count down because it’s one day closer to feeling normal again! Okay, I am counting down for both reasons, obviously! But, honestly, some days I really resent all of you happy glowing pregnant women, tho! I’m surly, nauseated, and waddling….eesh.

A couple of weeks ago I had my first ultrasound and besides Michael Baby #2 being healthy and active, the tech also told me that I am due 5 days earlier than my original estimated due date. Well, let me tell you, I was jumping up and down for joy! Five whole days earlier! So I changed all the dates on my calendar and my tickers and took pride in the fact! Unfortunately, my doctor nixed this when I saw her several weeks after this. It’s like a big let down. Oh well..still happy about the healthy baby!

By the way, we aren’t going to find out the gender of this one. We figure the second child doesn’t get nearly the hype that the first one gets, so maybe this one will add to the hype. I guess the next question will be, will this one have a baby book/scrapbook?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After spending time with you while you are so sick and I thank God I did not inherit that family gene. At least you are not as sick as you were with Isabelle. maybe with the 3rd one you will not be sick at all :) It was nice to see you this weekend. We love and mis you all!!
Love, Jona and Abby

JaydensJourney said...

I was right there with you and was so excited that you were going to be early and then disappointed it back to the original date. That's great that baby Michael is healthy and I can't wait to meet him or her. I hope you are feeling better very soon!

drowninginblessing said...

This babe definitely deserves his own scrapbook (I'm sure you've got a list of "must do photos" already). It'll be so cute to see Isabelle interact with her little sibling. We just went yesterday to get Abe's baby pictures. I can't wait to get them so we can share them with the world! (two week delay).