Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Good Parenting: Lesson 1

Yesterday when I dropped Isabelle off at daycare, I stopped at the one way window to watch her for a minute on the way out. I saw one little girl, Emma, who is several months younger but about ten pounds bigger than Isabelle, take off after her. Isabelle screeched and started to run as fast as she could around the room. Emma, with a big smile on her face , chased her until she caught the traumatized Isabelle and gave her a big squeeze. I couldn’t help but laugh at the scene. Isabelle then sat in a seat and Emma smooshed herself in the same seat next to her, both looking at the one way window. I think Isabelle then noticed that her mother was watching her through the window and laughing. She got a little upset at this point, but I quickly left so I wouldn’t have to see that part.

No comments: