Thursday, April 29, 2010

Goodbye to my Household Nemisis

As you might have read on Facebook recently, Conrad and I made a last minute decision to replace our white vinyl floors. I have wanted to forever because…well…it’s white…and it’s vinyl…and I have two small children, who’s sticky little footprints show EVERYWHERE. I LOVE LOVE LOVE hardwoods, but in our current home, we weren’t going to spend that kind of money. But we happen to run across a deal on wood laminates. Amazing deal, by the way. Then we “bid” our job out on craigslist, only to find someone to install them for .75 per square foot. Well…we couldn’t beat that! Less than a week later…wah la. *Sigh* This makes mama very happy.


Before


After






7 comments:

Shanygne said...

the house looks awesome!! congrats on the new floors!!

Unknown said...

beautiful! the white floor in our kitchen is going to be the end of me... i'm on a never ending search to find something to really get it clean...

drowninginblessing said...

Gorgeous! It's funny. I'm hoping for my birthday I can get rid of our 70's brown tile in the play room... I was thinking white would be a good change. But YOUR brown looks so beautiful! You are the consummate homemaker, D. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the floor. It may be laminate, but it looks great. Makes me want to change mine right away. Can't wait to see it on Saturday.
Aunt Brenda

Mom/Oma said...

Danielle your floors look beautiful. I can't wait to see them on Saturday. It looks like they did a really good job installing them.

Anonymous said...

I don't care if it is lament or stick on....It is BEAUTIFUL! Makes me want to do mine...TODAY...and organize...organize...organize... can you come to my house to help me out? I am in the "getting rid of" mode...just don't know where to start. <3
Terri

Anonymous said...

the floors do look great. what does conrad think.?love you guys gram